APP Webinar: "Payments That Last: Subscription & Recurring Transactions"
The February 2024 installment of the APP Monthly Educational Webinar Series
ZOOM - save the calendar invite
"Payments That Last: Navigating Subscription and Recurring Transactions"
Join us this Valentine’s Day as we discuss things that can last forever. No, not love… subscription and recurring payments.
Subscription and Negative Option Billing Merchants can bring some tricky and intricate challenges to your portfolio. This session will feature an industry expert who will provide a comprehensive overview of card brand, Nacha, and "Reg E" requirements for installment and recurring transactions. We will also delve into the implications of TILA on merchants offering installment transactions and discuss recent trends related to the Restore Online Shoppers Confidence Act (ROSCA). The presentation will also provide insights into the latest developments regarding the FTC's Negative Option Rule. The session will conclude with some best practice tips and pointers for effectively capturing authorizations in the realm of installment and recurrent transactions.
Attendees will learn:
- Requirements and compliance standards from card brands, Nacha, and "Reg E" for recurring and installment payments (including requirements for Subscription and Negative Option Billing Merchants).
- How Installment Transactions are affected by TILA (Truth in Lending Act).
- Recent trends and implications of the Restore Online Shoppers Confidence Act (ROSCA).
- Updates on the FTC's Negative Option Rule and its impact on businesses.
- Best practices for seamlessly capturing authorizations in the context of installment and recurrent transactions, while balancing compliance and efficiency.
This webinar is designed for:
- Compliance teams
- Risk managers
- C-Suite Leaders
- Product Managers
ETA CPP Credits:
This course is eligible for one (1) ETA CPP credit.