Transaction Laundering Essentials - 6687
Transaction Laundering Essentials
Developed in partnership with LegitScript.
There are many types of payment fraud, but transaction laundering is one of the most challenging because of the difficulty in detecting it and the severity of the risk it poses. This course provides a comprehensive view of transaction laundering, its challenges, and the strategies to address it. This will enable payment professionals to be better equipped to handle the complexities of transaction laundering in their roles.
In this course, you will learn what transaction laundering is, how it works, and why it is so challenging to stop. We’ll cover the various types of transaction laundering, the common business models that employ this kind of fraud, and best practices for identifying and stopping it. We’ll also take you through some real case studies to illustrate how transaction launderers operate. Throughout the course, you will have opportunities to check your knowledge so that you are confidently moving forward.
Who should enroll?
Any payment professional aiming to be prepared to identify and address this top challenge facing payments -- both today and in the future.
- Target Level: Novice to Intermediate
- Duration: 60-90 minutes
- Format: This course is asynchronous and interactive. This is not a recorded webinar. It is an interactive learning experience designed to reinforce learning. You may complete it on your time and schedule. Once purchased, you will have access to the course for one year. The course is non-transferrable and worth one (1) ETA CPP credit.
- Understand what transaction laundering is and both why and how fraudsters use it
- Learn about and recognize the various methodologies of transaction laundering
- Recognize common business models employed by transaction launderers
- Learn about and employ best practices for identifying and stopping transaction laundering
- Read about real examples of transaction laundering to better understand the many ways in which it is employed
Harness the power of knowledge and excel in the contemporary payment domain. An initiative brought to you by the Association for Payment Professionals, in collaboration with LegitScript.