Event Code of Conduct & Refund Policies for APP Events
Association of Payment Professionals (APP) Code of Conduct
- The Association of Payment Professionals (APP) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all participants in its events, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, religion, or experience (or lack thereof). We expect everyone associated with our conference (including attendees, volunteers, and APP staff) to act responsibly, behave courteously, and respect the rights and dignity of others at all times while in attendance.
- The following actions are prohibited at APP Events:
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, or body language
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior
- APP reserves the right to warn the offender or remove anyone deemed to be in violation of this Code of Conduct with no refund. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior must comply immediately or face expulsion.
- Conference Passes are for a single individual and may not be shared with others. If an attendee is suspected of sharing their pass with a non-paying individual, both parties may be removed from the event.
Cancellation Refund Policy
- Refund requests must be made in writing (print or electronic) to APP.
- The refund of registration fees may include a cancellation fee to cover the operating and transaction costs of issuing the refund. This fee may be waived at the discretion of the Executive Director or the Finance Committee following the evaluation of the situation.
- Once a registration has been charged to a credit card, APP is unable to change the credit card used for payment. Refunds will be credited using the original method of payment less the cancellation fee if applicable.
- Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
- Refunds are made on the following schedule (minus any cancellation charge):
Up to two months before the first day of the event
Between two months and one month before the first day of the event
Between one month and ten days before the first day of the event
Less than ten days before the first day of the event
If registration opens less than two months before the first day of the event, then the above cancellation dates will be adjusted proportionally.
Returned Payment Policy
- Remittance must be made in U.S. dollars. A processing fee may be assessed to cover any collection fees.
Significant changes to APP events:
APP reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or change the format of an event due to low enrollment, a national or regional state of emergency declaration, or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- If APP
- Cancels an event: Registrants will be offered a full refund or provided an option for comparable reparation.
- Postpones an event: Registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
- Changes in the event format: APP will not issue any refunds unless a change of date is also required, or the change in event format includes changes to more than 25% of the originally planned agenda.
- In all cases:
- All sponsors for such events will be contacted and APP will work with sponsors to identify alternative options, including reimbursement.
- APP will only refund payments made directly to APP and will not be held responsible for other costs or expenditures incurred by partners or attendees.
- APP will not refund payment or assume additional costs and liability that result from "Acts of God" or criminal activity.
- APP will attempt to issue all refunds within six weeks of written notice of event cancellation.
On-site Rules and Policies
- Miscellaneous rules and policies:
- Except for support animals, live animals are not allowed in an exhibit for any purpose.
- Helium balloons, of any kind, as part of the exhibit or as a giveaway are strictly prohibited.
- No part of an exhibit, signs or other materials may be posted, nailed, taped, or otherwise affixed to walls, doors or floor surfaces in a way that will mar or deface the premises. The use of Velcro, stick-on decals or similar items and/or tape on any vertical surface, including, but not limited to, painted walls and portable walls within the facility is strictly prohibited.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed in the Exhibit area at any time.
- Appropriate Booth Behavior
- Exhibitor booth personnel and representatives may not enter the exhibit space of another exhibitor without permission from that exhibitor, and, at no time, may anyone enter an exhibit space that is not staffed.
- Attendants, models and other employees must confine their activities to the contracted exhibit space.
- Professional behaviour is expected by each company, its representatives, and exhibitor-appointed contractors at all times during a APP event.
- Audio and Video:
- Video Recording is prohibited unless you receive approval from APP directly in writing prior to an event.
- Utilization of audio is allowed, if audible only within a two-foot perimeter. This includes live, projected and or recorded audio. Speaker units can be placed within the confines of the booth space.
- Exhibitor acknowledges and agrees that it shall be solely responsible for obtaining any licenses, permits, etc., which may be required for it to broadcast, perform or display any copyrighted materials including, but not limited to, music, video and software.
- Auxiliary Meetings
- APP realizes the value of networking with current or potential clients outside of exhibit hours at an event.
- Before any event can be contracted, exhibitors interested in hosting an event at any time during a APP-hosted event must complete and submit a meetings request form for approval by APP.
- APP reserves the right to require the exhibitor to adjust event times or locations based on scheduled APP event activities.
- This applies, but is not limited, to any of the following: social or hospitality events, media events, focus groups, educational programming, or trips.
- Exhibitors may provide small promotional items to distribute to anyone visiting the exhibitor's booth in order to assist visitors in remembering an exhibitor or a service offered.
- Examples of approved giveaways: pens/pencils, key chains, caps/visors, stress balls, water bottles, t-shirts/polo shirts.
- Candy, including chocolates, may be distributed if individually wrapped or in individual serving containers; any other food samples must receive written permission by the event venue.
- Any alcoholic beverages must meet venue guidelines and restrictions, and may not be provided to minors.
- Giveaways may only be provided within the confines of the contracted exhibit booth or APP promotional bags.
- Personnel contracted to assist with demonstrations in an exhibitor’s booth are required to wear appropriate attire and must stay within the confines of the contracted exhibit booth.
- Any third-party vendors brought into an exhibit space must have approval from APP to comply with venue contract and insurance requirements.
- APP is serious about protecting the investment our exhibitors and sponsors make. As such, the APP’s Suitcasing Policy is strictly enforced.
- Non-exhibitors or non-sponsors observed to be actively soliciting business at the event venue , in another company’s booth or in violation of any portion of the Exhibition Policy, will be asked to leave immediately. Additional penalties may be applied.
- APP recognizes that suitcasing may also take the form of commercial activity conducted from a hotel guest room, hospitality suite, restaurant, club, or any other public place of assembly. For the purposes of this policy, suitcasing violations may occur at venues other than the exhibition floor and at other events.
- APP must be informed of any hospitality suites or planned functions to which APP attendees will be invited, and expressed consent must be received prior to the event.
Other Registration Policies: Policies.
- Fees for APP events are not tax-deductible as charitable contributions but may be deductible as ordinary business expenses.
- APP is not responsible for loss, damages or injury to persons or property as a result of attending APP events. This also applies to any other related events if and to the extent a registrant may be eligible to attend as part of their registration.
- By registering for an APP event, each participant acknowledges that he/she has read any policies and disclaimers provided, and expressly releases APP and its Board members, officers, employees, or agents from any and all liability in connection with that event.